Friday, April 29, 2011

ECHOES Series Review

OH MY GOD! This limited series comic was just amazing! Throughout the releases of each book it had me on edge, I couldn't wait to get my hands on the next one! Well, anyway... This is the story about a man named Brian who starts off next to his dying and nearly brain-dead father in the hospital. He is known to have a distant relationship with him, but they both share a mental illness of schizophrenia which Brian tries his best to fight. WELL! just before his father's final moments he confesses to Brian some terrible information... Now, Brian is left with his father's crimes and has no idea what to do or where to turn!
I couldn't believe it when I first read this book, it blew me away, and now that the series just ended, it is definitely one of my favorites. If you want to start a new series but don't know what to jump in to, I HIGHLY recommend picking this entire series up. It's a wonderful read especially if you like mystery/thrillers.


OFF TOPIC:  If you guys have any good reads of recommendations of comics I'd love to hear 'em! I'm always riding up to the comic store :D

13 comments:

  1. eternal descent is cool if you like guitars and music

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess you know it, but Deadpool is always worth a read :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha yes! Deadpool is a good one :)
    And I'll give eternal descent a good look at :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That art style is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im gonna need to check this out. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool artwork, must check it out, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. i want to know more about his dads crimes

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should pick up the series :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't really gotten into comics past Spawn but this one looks really interesting. I need to search more on it. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. same here, i got stuck after Spawn, havent looked for something else

    ReplyDelete